We advise our customers to clean all jewellery with care, in warm soapy water using an old toothbrush
Never use a dip but Goddards Silver pad is a good, gentle cleaner
LOOKING AFTER YOUR JEWELLERY
- We recommend removing your jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening or engaging in other physical work
- Try to keep your jewellery away from harsh cosmetics. Beauty products for skin and hair can react with precious stones and metals, causing your jewellery to tarnish, discolour and even possibly corrode. Please put your jewellery on last, after applying and cosmetics, perfumes and sprays.
- Gold Plate will errode over time and depending on how often you wear the piece, it may need replating every 6 – 18 months.
- When storing your jewellery, we recommend doing so in airtight boxes or bags. This will slow down the effects of oxidation – exposure to the environment can cause your silver jewellery to tarnish over time. Storing it sensibly will keep it looking newer for longer.
- Do not store your jewellery in damp or humid conditions as this causes tarnishing and a damp environment attracts dust to stick and settle in the hard-to-clean settings.
- We recommend removing jewellery before entering a pool, shower or sea